Skip to content ↓

Adult's Area

A strong, trusting partnership between school and home is essential for a child to succeed.

Please do talk to us to resolve any concerns you may have. In school, please talk to your child's class teacher in the first instance. In the event that you may need more specific support, please do come and talk to our Pastoral Team who will be able to advise and signpost you. 

In the future we will be providing specific workshops and information sharing opportunities for our parents, please check here for the latest events. 

Operation Encompass

From October 2021, Grendon Primary School are part of a joint operation involving Birmingham Children’s Trust, Birmingham City Council, and West Midlands Police. This is known as Operation Encompass.

Operation Encompass has been established to help schools provide in-school support to children who have been present at, exposed to or involved in any domestic abuse incident.

We know that children can be significantly harmed, physically and/or emotionally, during these situations, and that it also negatively affects their learning and behaviour in class.

Therefore, as part of the Operation Encompass procedure, and to help mitigate the resulting negative impact, the school will receive a confidential phone call or email from West Midlands Police before 9am the morning after a child or young person has been witness to, or involved in, any reported domestic abuse incident. 

Here at Grendon, we have a dedicated and child-focussed Safeguarding Team. They are specially trained to effectively use the information the Police share, in confidence, and enable the school to provide the right support to any child and their family. 

We always endeavour to offer the best support possible to our pupils and believe this will be extremely beneficial for all those involved.

More information can be found at

However, if you have any concerns or questions regarding Operation Encompass, please don’t hesitate to contact the school directly.

If you have further questions or need anything clarifying please ring school on 0121 474 2460 or email 

Help and Advice

Birmingham CIASS (Children's Information and Advice Services) can help you with:

Safeguarding Concerns
School Admissions and Pupils Places (School Places)
Activities in Birmingham
Help for Families

Call 0121 303 1888


Child Exploration and Online Protection

CEOP is a law enforcement agency and is here to keep children and young people safe from sexual exploitation and abuse. Please click the button below if you would like to start your report to one of CEOP’s Child Protection Advisors.

Please note that this site is not controlled by Grendon Primary School and all reports will be private and dealt with personnel from CEOP and NOT Grendon Primary School.

Help In Brum

Full details can be found in their leaflet which can be downloaded at the bottom of this page.

Mental Health Support

PAUSE - Mental Health

“Need someone to talk to? Struggling to cope with feelings? Pause is here for you, if you are under 25 and have a Birmingham GP.

We offer a non-judgemental listening ear, self-help strategies plus skills for managing difficult situations and feelings. We are open 10-6 seven days a week.

For more info check out

Living Well Consortium

Operating as both a consortium of over 30 organisations that offer free mental health services in Birmingham and Solihull; and a charity that is boldly leading the charge to make free mental health services focus as much on prevention and resilience, as they do recovery: Living Well’s mission is to ensure everyone has access to free mental health services in Birmingham and Solihull.

You can visit Living Well Consortium at their website HERE

Birmingham Healthy Minds

Birmingham and Solihull Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust provides a comprehensive health care service to those people living in Birmingham and Solihull who are experiencing mental health problems.

Click HERE


Mind is a mental health charity in England and Wales. Founded in 1946 as the National Association for Mental Health, it celebrated its 70th anniversary in 2016. Mind offers information and advice to people with mental health problems and lobbies government and local authorities on their behalf.

Click HERE for details

Housing Support

Birmingham City Council Housing Pathways

I want to make a Housing Application

  • Go to Birmingham Choice website: . You will be asked for your National Insurance (NI) number    
  • Complete Part 1 of application to register         
  • Complete Part 2 of application (you will need previous addresses for 5 years)
  • Make sure you upload any documents that will evidence your housing needs (consultant letters, CIN or CP plan etc)

If you fail to qualify, call Registrations 0121 303 7410 as they can say why and reopen if appropriate.

Tips for Housing applications:

  • An exceptional need is when there is a risk to life or of serious harm and will normally need a Tier 1 from police. This won’t be considered if incidents or threats are not reported.
  • Medical - must be a medical condition that is being made worse by your current property.
  • If a child needs a separate bedroom due to any medical condition, this needs to be evidenced by a medical professional.
  • Child in Need – this is any child with an allocated Social Worker
  • ASB – if BCC property this must be reported to the ASB team 0121 464 4700 or online:

I am homeless now or know I will be soon:

  • Contact the BCC Homeless Team (to make a homeless application) on 0121 303 7410.
  • If you are roofless on the day, they will arrange Temporary Accommodation (TA) for you. This may well be outside Birmingham as TA properties are in very short supply. They have 56 days to assess the case and whether individuals are genuinely homeless. If an applicant is found to be ‘intentionally homeless’ they won’t be able to join the housing register unless they have another housing need.
  • If the homeless team take a homeless application, they will issue a letter with a homeless reference on it. This reference needs to be added to the Housing application. If it isn’t added, then ‘Homeless priority’ Band 2 won’t be added.
  • A homeless application can be made even if you aren’t roofless, as BCC can give ‘prevention duty’ and they will try to prevent the homelessness from happening. Evidence is needed in the form of a letter from the landlord or a possession order etc. Again, a housing application needs to be completed as well.

My housing application has closed. What do I do?

Call Registrations on 0121 303 7410 as they can see what the reason is and potentially open it up again for changes to be made. They can also reset passwords.

I’ve got rent arrears but want to join BCC Housing Register

  • For a current BCC tenancy, call Rents Team 0121 675 2006 to set up a repayment plan.
  • If the arrears are from a previous BCC tenancy, call Former Tenancy Rent Team on 0121 303 3173 to set up a repayment plan.
  • If the arrears are from a TA property, call TA Finance on 0121 675 5535.
  • If it's from a Private tenancy, then evidence is needed to show that a repayment plan is being adhered to. This could be a bank statement.

Once the repayment plan has been adhered to for at least 3 months, then a Housing application can be made. If the arrears are significant (£2000 or more) allow longer before making a housing application. You will not be accepted onto the Housing Register with any arrears unless there is a repayment plan.

I have got problems with my landlord:

BCC has a team that can support tenants with rogue landlords, longstanding repair issues and environmental issues.

  • Call the Private Tenancy Unit on 0121 303 5070

My BCC property is in disrepair with rats or mice:

  • All repairs need to be reported to 0121 216 3330. If it is a health and safety risk (Front door lock broken etc) then an urgent repair can be requested, and they will aim to get it done within 2 hours
  • Call Pest Control on 0121 303 6007
  • For Environmental Health call 0121 303 1112

I am having problems with my neighbour:

BCC Housing advice portal: Start | Housing Advice | Birmingham City Council (

Finance, Debt and Benefit Advice

Riverside Money Advice

Riverside Money Advice offer a drop in cafe every Wednesday at Riverside House 21 Alcester Rd Moseley B13 8AR from 10.00 - 2.00 where you can receive support.

You can visit their website HERE or you can call their free phone number which is 08008 196 8778.

Step Change Charity Debt Advice

Step Change charity provide free, confidential and expert debt advice and money guidance. They recommend the best solution or service for your circumstances. They support you while you deal with your money worries, for as long as you need their help. Please visit HERE for more information.


Citizen's Advice - Benefits

It's important to make sure that you get all the help that you're entitled to. These pages give you information on benefits and tax credits if you are working or unemployed, sick or disabled, a parent, a young person, an older person or a veteran. There is also information about council tax and housing costs, national insurance, payment of benefits and problems with benefits. See HERE.

Benefits Calculator

Recommended by Job Centre Plus/ DWP, the calculator can be accessed HERE.

Birmingham Short Term Crisis Provision

Birmingham's Local Welfare Provision (LWP) scheme helps vulnerable people in short-term crisis with food and essential items. It is grant-based, which means people who receive help from it will not have to repay anything. It is not intended to replace the councils statutory duties. For more information, please click HERE.


Cost of Living Support

Birmingham City Council - Cost of Living

Are you worried about the rising cost of energy bills, food and transport? You are not alone; the cost of living crisis is affecting many of us.

You may want help accessing grants and debt advice, support getting all the money you are entitled to, or simply want to know more about the government's recent support measures.

Whatever your money worries may be, Birmingham City Council have put together some helpful information HERE.

Green Square Accord

If you're worried about your finances, mental health, or wellbeing, help is available. Click HERE


Turn2us is a national charity providing practical help to people who are struggling financially. Click HERE.

Citizen's Advice - Fuel Bills

You can get help if you’re struggling to afford your energy bills or top up your prepayment meter. You might be able to take advantage of certain benefits, grants and help offered by the government and energy suppliers. Click HERE for more details.

Cadent - The Green Doctor (Energy)

They can offer advice and free items such as energy efficient bulbs, blankets, hot water bottles, clothes airers and reflective strips for the radiators. Click HERE for details.


Food Banks and Clubs

Yardley Wood Food Pantry

For a small weekly subscription of £4.00, members at the Yardley Wood Pantry will be able to purchase a weekly food shop including fresh fruit and vegetables and family favourites to stock up the cupboard and fridge.

You can find the pantry at:

Yardley Wood Baptist Church
Yardley Wood Road
B14 4LS

Opening times:
Wednesday: 10.15am - 12.45pm
Friday: 9.45am – 11.45am

We are currently able to accept applications from new members living in parts of B13, B14 & B28 postcodes.

Please visit HERE for more details

Incredible Surplus - Kings Heath

Originally established in 2014 as The Real Junk Food Project Birmingham, we intercept food and other usable materials that would otherwise go to waste from supermarkets, restaurants and other sources, and provide them to individuals and community organisations on a “Pay-As-You-Feel” basis. For more information, click HERE.

Spearhead Trust (@ Bells Farm)

The spearhead trust addresses a number of complex social issues within the community. We engage with residents of all ages, ethnicities and from different backgrounds. The organisation has a project manager and many volunteers. We are particularly proud of our pioneering approach in regard to community engagement and addressing cohesion issues within our community.

Further information can be found at our website HERE.