Road Safety Week
18th to 25th November 2023
What is Road Safety Week?
Road Safety Week is a nationwide campaign that focuses on raising awareness about road safety issues, including the prevention of accidents, injuries, and fatalities on the road. It emphasises the importance of responsible driving, pedestrian safety, and the need for improved road infrastructure.
When is Road Safety Week 2023?
Road Safety Week is celebrated during the third week of November each year. In 2023, it will take place from November 19th to November 25th, providing an opportunity for communities and organisations to engage in road safety initiatives.
How to Participate in Road Safety Week 2023?
Participating in Road Safety Week allows individuals and communities to contribute to safer roads. Here are ways to get involved:
- Observe Safe Driving Practices: Practice responsible driving by following speed limits, avoiding distractions, and obeying traffic rules.
- Promote Pedestrian Safety: Educate pedestrians about safe crossing and encourage drivers to yield to pedestrians at crossings.
- Support Road Safety Campaigns: Participate in or organise road safety awareness campaigns and educational events in your community.
- Advocate for Safer Roads: Advocate for improved road infrastructure, including better signage, lighting, and pedestrian facilities.
- Conduct School Programs: Engage with schools to teach students about road safety and encourage safe behaviour amongst young pedestrians and cyclists.
- Drive Responsibly: If you drive, set a positive example by always wearing your seatbelt and not texting or using your phone while driving.
At Grendon Primary we will be talking about Road Safety as part of our WOW campaign, further details which can be found HERE.